The new school year is here!
Can you believe the start of the new school year is already here?
Over the summer our GO Fresno team took some time to reflect on our journey last year. Even with pivots to virtual programming and the ongoing uncertainty brought on by the pandemic, we continued to work alongside our incredible Family Leaders to support Fresno families and improve outcomes for Fresno students. In particular, we…
- Supported over 200 families in developing digital literacy by providing instruction on how to connect to Zoom, and how to setup an email account and navigate Google Workspace
- Provided weekly learning sessions for families to learn more about Fresno Unified’s Master Plan for English Learner Success
- Convened a working group with leaders from Fresno Unified, Fresno City College, and our parent-led Dual Enrollment Action Team to co-create a resolution committing to the equitable expansion of dual enrollment
- Released a special report on English Learners in Fresno Unified (available in English, Spanish, and Hmong) and developed a tool to help families tackle their child’s financial aid application (available in English and Spanish)
- Graduated 40 new Family Leaders from our Family Leaders Program (FLP) and welcomed 20 new alumni into our Family Leaders Action Group (FLAG)
- Invited more than 20 leaders from across the district and the Fresno community to speak to families on topics like eLearning, adult learning at Fresno City College, and reclassification
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished in our community, but we know the work is far from over. Over the next three months our team looks to…
- Continue to partner with Parent University to offer our online family leadership classes (in both English and Spanish)
- Support our existing parent network with digital literacy development
- Join Fresno Unified’s English Learner Master Plan Task Force with the goal of providing recommendations for the plan’s revision
- Continue to work with Fresno Unified and Fresno City College to finalize and present a resolution on the equitable expansion of dual enrollment
Wishing you a safe start to the school year,
Senior Manager of Community Leadership